6 Flavour Rainbow Hearts Chiffon Cake


My newest labour of love! A dream rainbow chiffon cake with 6 flavours embedded into the cake (and also a heart in every slice)! :) It all started because I was asking my hubby which flavour he would like the chiffon and this is the result!

I drew up a 6-sector wheel and designed in the flavours according to their natural colours: Red (red bean), Orange (orange), Yellow (lemon), Green (matcha), Blue (berries - required the most colours), Purple (strawberry-beet). Below describes the basic recipe/sequence of how it's done. Do allocate at least 2.5-3 hrs for this cake! It's time-consuming but pretty rewarding to see the end result! :)

Enjoy the cake with many flavours! On the suggestions of some good friends, I cut a horizontal slice across the cake to get a slice with all 6 flavours. I was really happy my hubby said it was a fun cake and could taste all 6 flavours! This will probably be one of my favourite creations for a long time!


Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

The cake and picture tutorials is now in Creative Baking: Chiffon Cakes now at all major bookstores!


And here's my first humble video tutorial for the cake. My hubby actually helped me a lot for this video thanks to him!


With lots of love,
Susanne







Comments

  1. Sorry..i dont understand your description on assembling..any photo tutorial? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Adam,
      Sorry I didn't take pics as the assembly is a bit messy and has to be done quickly so I didn't dare risk the batter deflating or the sectors ruining.
      Maybe a better way to describe is to arrange the cut out layer cakes like spokes of a wheel. Then you scoop the batter in, balancing the sectors.
      Hope it clarifies?
      Thanks

      Delete

Post a Comment